An office is an important place for any company to foster creativity, collaboration, and productivity. It should be a space that is comfortable and inspiring.
In a shared office space, employees have designated areas and there is also a sense of community where people can collaborate and interact with others. Shared office spaces are perfect for those who need to be at the office but want to avoid the hassle of commuting or parking.
Workplace safety is an important factor in the success of any company. It is important not only for the employee but also for their employer.
Employee Safety Tips:
There are some safety tips that you should keep in mind when you opt for shared office space for rent in Calgary.
- Emergency Risk
1) Always make sure that there are enough exits in case of an emergency.
2) Have a fire alarm installed with a smoke detector and sprinkler system.
3) Make sure that everyone knows where the nearest fire extinguisher is located and how to use it.
4) Make sure that all electrical equipment is properly grounded and has safety covers on all exposed wires.
5) Maintain your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems regularly to ensure they are working properly and don’t pose any danger to employees or customers.
- Social Distancing at the Workplace:
It is important to keep a distance of at least one meter from your co-workers. This will help you avoid too much physical contact with them, which can lead to infections. The step to take towards improving workplace safety is to social distancing at the workspace. This means that you should keep your desk as far away from other people as possible and have a clear line of sight to the door so that you can see if someone is coming in or not.
- Keep Ergonomics in Check:
It is important to keep ergonomics in check so that you don’t have any problems with your back or shoulder muscles and other parts of the body that are strained by long periods of sitting in front of a computer screen or working on a desk for hours on end. Ensure that your chair, keyboard and mouse are all set up properly for you.
Employee Productivity Tips:
1. Reduce Unnecessary Meetings
In reducing the number of meetings in your office, you can save time and increase productivity. Meetings are often unnecessary and they can take up valuable time. They also can be a distraction from other important tasks at hand. Over a shared office for rent in Calgary where employees can collaborate with each other more efficiently and creatively. This will help them work together more productively on projects without the need for constant communication over email or Slack messages.
2. Enable cross-functional cooperation: Collaborating with people in different fields can create new ideas and perspectives. Collaboration and communication play the most vital role in office success. It has been observed and examined that most of the employees feel disengaged and so this has to note for the future success of the employee as well as for the employer.