Renting or leasing an office space is one of the biggest steps a business owner can make, but before making the final decision, you have to make sure that you are going with the best one that’s within your budget.
We know finding an office space for lease in Calgary is not an easy thing to do, but the good thing is that there are some things that you can do to make the process a better and easier one.
To help you out in finding the best office rentals in Calgary, we have listed down some of the things that you need to do before leasing an office space.
5 Important Things You Need To Do Before Leasing An Office Space
- The Location: The first thing that you need to do is check out the location. You want to prioritize this one because your business will work accordingly with your location. For example, if your office is located near the people and businesses that you want to target, then you would have a better chance at converting them into your customers. The farther you would go, the harder it would be for you to get more customers.
- The Terms And Condition: The terms and conditions of the contract for the office that you are about to lease is important too. You need to read out everything properly in the terms and conditions. Not only that but if it is possible, try to have a lawyer with you when you’re signing the papers. Remember, it is important for you to understand what the contract is about along with all the rules that you have to follow.
- The Yearly Increase: A lot of office spaces have yearly rent hikes, which is why you need to know in advance how much you would have to pay extra annually. Most of the time, office space providers increase the rent by 5 to 10 percent annually. Some offices go after two years and on rare occasions, the rent is increased after 3 to 5 years.
- The Security Measures: Knowing how secure your office is is important, especially if you are planning to invest a lot of money into buying new furniture and equipment. Make sure the location of the office is in a place where the crime rate is low and the windows, exit, and entrance are properly secure.
- The Office Space: The total amount of space in your office is a must to know before renting or leasing an office out. You want to go with an office space that can easily keep you and your employees comfortable throughout the working hours.
Did we miss out on anything in the list that we made above? Let us know what we missed out on by leaving a comment in the comments section below!